BCS Level 4 award Governance, Organisation, Law, Regulation and Standards
Underpinning structure This builds on the “Legal, standards, regulations and ethical standards relevant to cyber security” in KM1, focusing on information security management, data protection and privacy. It also covers governance and organisational issues that relate to cyber security and that are affected by cyber risk.
Option 1: CISM £1,850.00 +VAT
Option 2: CISSP & CISM £4,500.00 +VAT
Governance & organisation
· Explain the need for appropriate governance, organisational structure, roles, policies, standards and guidelines for cyber and information security, and how they work together to deliver identified security outcomes.
· Explain how an organisation’s security policies, standards and governance are supported by provisioning and access rights (e.g. how identity and access management are implemented and maintained for a database, application or physical access control system).
· Describe how cyber security policies and procedures are used in different organisational environments and affect individuals and organisations.
· Understand the roles of experts in the cyber security industry, how they are recognised, and the work they do
· Understand how to effectively use organisations such as a CERT, OSINT provider and incident response provider.
Standards, law, regulation and information security management
· Awareness of the legal framework surrounding intelligence gathering and the relationship to data protection, human rights and privacy. 23
· Explain the key concepts and benefits of applying ISO27001 to implement an information security management system
· Awareness of legal and regulatory obligations for breach notification.