What is a Traineeship?
Our BIT traineeship provides IT Industry experience and an international qualification working toward an IT apprenticeship, employment or a great addition of IT skills to you CV!
The traineeship is a scheme that allows for people aged between 16 and 24 who are currently seeking employment experience and a qualification in IT. A traineeship is an ideal opportunity for you to gain valuable workplace and educational skills. Our BluescreenIT (BIT) traineeship will introduce you to the world of Digital technology and provide transferable skills to a Digital Apprenticeship or full time work position.
Each Traineeship will last up to six weeks and will provide high quality instructor-led IT digital training together with a quality work placement provided by the employer.
Why should I take a traineeship?
The Traineeship offers the perfect route for you to get experience and a qualification in information technology. A CV boost for any career path!
Receive free training and free qualifications in the IT Industry delivered by industry experienced IT Trainers.
According to a study by ICM Research 60% of unemployed young people say they are worried about not being able to get a job in the future and less than four in ten (38%) believe they are ready for work.
You will leave BIT with qualifications that will assist your transition into the workplace including a recognised commercial IT qualification – CompTIA - IT Fundamentals.
With some experience in information technology and a qualification in digital literacy that is internationally recognised, any traineeship candidate CV will instantly be more attractive to prospective employers.
You will understand computers and be able to fix one by the end of the course! The work preparation training will ensure young people develop the abilities and confidence needed to take the first step in their career, such as an Apprenticeship, while the English and Maths support will increase employability and earning potential.
At the end of the work experience, trainees receive a job interview if a role becomes available or a reference and an exit interview with the company.
Am I eligible for a traineeship?
If you are aged 16 – 24 you will be eligible for a traineeship if:
• You would like to experience IT and obtain an international IT qualification.
• You are not currently employed and have little or no work experience.
• You are educated no higher than L2 GCSE.
• You may also be eligible to enrol for a traineeship to the academic age of 25 if you have undergone learning difficulty assessments previously.
• You are willing to work on your English and Maths skills (required for anyone who doesn’t already have a GCSE A* - C equivalent).
• You may still be eligible for a traineeship program if you are in receipt of benefits. If this does apply to you, the Department of Work and Pensions will be able to clarify details.